On Sunday the 22nd from 11am we will be holding a working bee.
As you can see above there were a few wet spots last winter. One of the main ones was this section of trail on “Mr. Lincolns Twisty”, the bottom of the switchbacks near the Oatland/Mackelroy Roads entrance. See attached a map for reference.
We have been given a few loads of rock from Parks Vic to reinforce the ground at this point and raise it a bit higher above the water flow and stop this kind of trail degradation. If you’re keen to help please come along, we’ll be hosting a BBQ after for all our generous volunteers (weather permitting). If you aren’t able to bring your own tools pop by anyway, we will have a few extras.
What to bring:
- Appropriate clothes and footwear
- Wheelbarrow/Shovel/Large Rake to move gravel
- Enthusiastic attitude
- 11am Sunday 22nd May. Please be prompt for a signup with the Parks Ranger
- Bottom of Swtichbacks near Oatland Rd (see below) for the working bee
- Parking may be tight on Oatland Rd, please be aware of locals and consider parking away from the gate, or if not bringing tools consider parking at the water tank.